Sunday, September 26, 2010

Brian... About his life with Shelley

In addition to my faith, Shelley was the best thing that ever happened to me. I met Shelley during her nurses training at the Calgary General Hospital. When we met, Shelley had Long Blonde hair down to waste and the softest hands. I had a lot of competition for her love but thankfully, I won out. Shelley gave me unconditional love support and encouragement throughout our marriage which never wavered. She was always challenging me about my faith and family. Shelley was very adventuresome we started out life together by going to Expo 67 in Montreal then backpacking in Europe for 2 months. We came home from our honeymoon we had $2.50 and started out by house sitting in an area close to Foothills Alliance Church, which we still attend. Having a home church was very important to Shelly. God blessed us with three children Michelle, Chantelle and Chad and spouses Jason, Torie, Evie plus 9 Grand kids. We had great fun sitting around as family at the table bantering and challenging one another. We got to see some of the world It was always Shelley’s dream to go on a cruise with the whole family that happened. We visited the Holy land and last winter we spent 5 weeks in Hawaii. She loved that because she did not appreciate the cold plus we had the pleasure of visiting many other world destinations over the years. So all in all it was very rewarding journey with Shelley. Shelley had overcome her challenge with liver sickness many times but this time it was not to be. The last week with her was an experience I will never forget seeing her weaken every day and conversations we had. She passed away peacefully in her sleep. I will miss her she was my great lover, friend, mother, grandmother,sister and a great example of a Godly woman I can still see her praying and reading her bible in her bedroom beside the window. What a lady

1 comment:

  1. Dear Brian.

    I see the love for Shelly in your writing about the life you were able to spend together with her. So happy you had this time of beauty.

    Shelly's part in the battle is over, but she didn’t lose. She led the charge. She showed the rest of us how to fight: with determination, focus, creativity, and outrageous endurance in the presence of God's love and His people.

    I met Shelly for the first time when she organised my bridal shower about 9 years ago. I remember her love for God and her passion for marriage. She organized this shower with so much integrity and sweetness.. It really touched me to see my mother in law Carolyn with so many amazing woman that wanted to get to know me and bless me.

    In this time of grieving and knowing that she is with God, me and my family are all thinking of you and your family.

    Shelly was from what I herad not just an incredible fighter, but an amazing example for all of us of a person who didn’t let her disease define who she was.

    Thank you again for sharing your love for Shelly on this beautiful blog.

    Pauline Kolochuk - de Koning, Calgary

    ReplyDelete

Please enter your comments